Thursday, December 2, 2010

IMPORTANT Announcement!

WE WILL NO LONGER BE MEETING AT CRANKY AL'S...

Last week before closing, I announced that next month, we will transition from meeting EVERY week, to only meeting on the FIRST Tuesday of each month. This means we would've met next week, 12/7.

However, after everyone left last week, I was told that Cranky Al's is no longer able to host our meetings due to the size of the group and liability concerns. I thank them for the two years that they have hosted us and leave with many wonderful memories of our time there.

The way I see it, we've been homeless before and maybe new doors will open for us again in the future. I am certainly open to continuing to meet once a month if we are able to find a new space. Please contact me at tuesdaysatten@gmail.com with any suggestions.

Until we meet again...

6 comments:

Irene McGoldrick said...

Are you just too busy these days? I will keep my eyes out for another spot for you.

Hope you are well.

Irene

Unknown said...

This is so sad.. We haven't had a chance to say good-bye. Sadie's been away at art class the past several weeks. We'll keep thinking!

Unknown said...

My dream is a new spot that we can get down on the floor to read and do animal poses. I suppose a restaurant really is not the ideal space for pretending to be a sleeping bat :)

Thanks so much Irene and Kara for keeping an eye out!

Sue said...

There were lots of sad faces at Cranky Al's this morning, but sad in a good way. We'll look for you at Tosa Farmers Market! (I wonder if the library offers meeting space that would be appropriate... of course, it might conflict with their children's programming in some way, but just a thought).
~Sue, mom of Cora

bridgetmalone said...

The Tosa library has that great big room in the kids section with the stage and everything. I was there Tuesday morning and there was nothing going on. Have you checked that out?

tuesdays at ten said...

Thanks for the great suggestion, Sue and Bridget! It may conflict with their scheduling, but it's certainly worth a try. I'll check in with the librarians after the holidays...